Monday, November 1, 2010

Shalom

"when I wake up, before I put a beater on... I thank Him for love, joy, peace, or u could say Shalom." Well put Lecrae. How often do u take a look back at your personal victories? I know I for one am "on to the next, on on to the next one", the next challenge that is. I am so focused on growth and moving forward, but today is different. Last night we produced a major community event, lots of families were touched. I guess I could the consider the event a personal victory. Before the event was over I was emailing a colleague about "the next one". LOL, "this is how we do..." But today after my morning rituals, I fell back asleep and when I woke up the lyrics to lecrae's single "Shalom" were in my head. Shalom is a state of being at rest and at ease. It's actually Hebrew word that captures the essence of peace and wholeness. After diddy bopping in my bed to the sound of the song in my head (that rhymes lookout Lupe, I'm coming for ya lol) "I reminisce, I reminisce(d)" about ALL the times in my life when I wasn't at rest and peace. The times when I woke up worried if my family would find out what I did last night, worrying if the people I had hurt would make it their business to hurt me and my family, worrying if my life was in jeopardy because of foolish choices, worrying about my bills being paid, worrying about if my vehicle would start or not, worrying if my romance interest actually was feeling me too, worrying about the paper that was due in my 2 o'clock class, worrying if I was gunna see the dude I despised on campus, worrying if I would get an ugly gut feeling when I looked in the mirror, worrying about my appearance and how my physique was coming along, worrying about my younger siblings and if they would be alright.... WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING (i sure hope that's I word cuz I wore that bad boy OUT lol). But today, there is Shalom. There is peace, joy, love, wholeness, soundness of mind, confidence, happiness, romance (love u boo), excitement (lets go GIANTS)... a whole host of pleasant emotions. I can't help but think of "the reason for (this) season... "You will keep in perfect peace (those of us) who keep our mind stayed on You and trust in You." (Isaiah 26:3). I'm so thankful! "I woke up and before I put a beater on, I thanked the Lord for love, joy, peace or u could say"...[TITLE]
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

2 comments:

  1. I love this, you have the worrying part down pat. Sounds like my life. :)

    ReplyDelete