Thursday, November 25, 2010

All In A Momment

Can u remember the last time something changed ur state of mind in an instant? It may have been a kiss, a love one missed, or a break with a twix. I just had one of those momments in the studio. I have a brutha who grew up banging and ran w a few bruthas who were RUTHLESS, consequently he can sometimes resemble. But there are times where in a momment there is a rarer softer side that comes thru, when he's connecting w his love. So he's reminding the musicians that they've got some work to do on their craft and steps behind the keys. Let me explain. Some people call her by her full name, the piano. Some call her the keyboard. But this brutha knows her nickname, and has developed a sort of symbiotic relationship w her. They've learned to cope with life together and make the most of it. So what prompted his stepping behind her you may ask? The lil brutha wasn't treating her right. This is a momment where a big brutha takes some time to teach the younger brutha a lil more about his girl. So he walks behind his partner and reminds me how much they've done together since they met. All this communicated with a confident eyebrow raise. Just then in the midst of all the music and conversation in the room something happens. I feel goosebumps on my arms and I hear her sing. Really sing. All conversations stop all other musicians dare not interrupt her. She's begins encouraging me, letting me know "its gunna be a brighter day". Reminding me that I have much to be thankful for! The hustle and bustle of a busy day n the frustration of tight finances are all washed away by the soothing serenade of her voice...[title]
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment